Download package contents¶
Once you have downloaded and unzipped the Fleudesel package, you will be see a list of files and folders, which can be explained as follows. Any item not mentioned here should be ignored.
|Fleurdesel.theme.zip||This is a zip archive of the theme|
|Documentation||This is the help documentation. To view, simply open index.html found inside this folder|
There are 2 ways of installing Fleurdesel package:
Method 1 - FTP¶
- Browse to the theme's zip file (it is located in the folder you've downloaded from ThemeForest) and extract that file, you will get folder named Fleurdesel.theme.zip
- Open your FTP program and FTP into your site and navigate to the wp-content/themes directory
- Upload folder Fleurdesel to this directory
- Back to your WordPress admin area, go to Appearance > Themes and there you will see the Fleurdesel theme
Activateto activate the theme.
If you do not see the theme in this screen, you have done something incorrectly. Review the last few steps.
- Unzip the Fleudesel download package to see the archived file Fleurdesel.theme.zip, this is a compressed version of the theme.
- Inside your WordPresss admin area, go to Appearance > Themes > Add new > Upload theme
- Click browse and to upload Fleurdesel.theme.zip file
- Wait for a moment, you will see Fleurdesel theme in the Themes page.
Activate to activate the theme.
Install Required Plugins¶
After installing the theme, you will need to install 7 required plugins, including:
- Fleurdesel Required
- WPBakery Visual Composer
- Contact form 7
- Flexible Posts Widget
- Slider Revolution
You just need to click on Begin installing plugins, choose all required plugins and install.
Install Demo Content¶
One Click to import demo database. Just go to Tools > Import then click Run Importer and Import
In case you do not see the theme menu after importing demo data, just go to Appearance > Menu and follow this screenshot:
When theme has a bug fixes or enhancements, you will be notified to upgrade.
Installing updates just involves replacing old theme files with the new ones. It's always a good idea to backup everything before you upgrade, as the upgrade will overwrite all files. All custom in theme settings will all remain intact.
How to back up your site, you can easily google it or you can refer to this link
- Download the new version of the theme from ThemeForest
- Browse to the theme's zip file (it is located in the folder you've downloaded from ThemeForest) and extract that file, you will get folder named "Fleurdesel.theme.zip"
- Switch to your FTP program, FTP into your site and navigate to sites/all/theme/ directory.
- Transfer the new Fleurdesel.theme folder into the sites/all/theme/ directory on your server, overwrite the existing one.
Note: If you are running a local server, just copy and override the files.